Blackboard has announced the 2020 Catalyst Award Winners. The company has further added that it is their 15th consecutive awards that is given in recognition of the innovation and honor in the Blackboard global community of practice. The winner is selected by the cross-functional team of Blackboard experts.
President of Global Markets and Chief Client Officer at Blackboard, Lee Blakemore said, “We’re thrilled to recognize this year’s Blackboard Catalyst Award winners for their commitment to reimagining what’s possible when it comes to delivering outstanding online education experiences to all learners.
“Their passion for sharing best practices around leveraging technology in innovative ways is helping to advance student learning across the globe,” Lee Blakemore further added in the statement.
Winner from Leading Change:
- CEU Educational Group, Spain: IT and Digital Transformation teams
- Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell and Pottstown, Pa., U.S.: Students, Faculty, Staff, and Board of Trustees
- Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University, Saudi Arabia: Dr. Sahar Almasoud and the Online Learning Administration Team
- Sam Houston State University, Texas, U.S.: SHSU Online Team
- Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tenn., U.S.: Andrew Maxey, Lesley Bruinton, Mike Daria, Junelle Christian
- Northumbria University, United Kingdom: Blackboard Ultra Project Team
- University of Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain: Professor Riyadh Yousif Hamza, Faculty, Staff, Students and Board of Trustees
Winners from Teaching & Learning:
- Dar Al-Hekma University, Saudi Arabia: Rasha Al-Malik, Abeer Al-Hattami
- Davidson Academy Online, Nev., U.S.: Tina Crowder, Carly Ghantous, Jessica Potts, Tracy Sangster, Erica Shumaker
- Eastern Kentucky University, Ky., U.S.: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Rachael Hovermale, Aileen Jones, Maurine Hume, Wanda France, Kara Renfro Taylor, Chris Daniels, Lindsey Turner, Christi Isaacs, and Angie Wheeler
- Eastern Kentucky University, Ky., U.S.: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Instructional Design Center, Patrick Coen, James Grogan, Mary Henson
- Ser Educacional Group, Brazil: Fábio Maia, Fabio Souza, Enzo Moreira and the Distance Learning Team
- Johns Hopkins University, Md., U.S.: Whiting School of Engineering, Dr. David L. Porter and Ms. Margo Williams
- MEF University, Turkey: MEF University Leadership Team, Faculty, Administration, Library and Students
- The University of Lincoln, United Kingdom: Digital Education and Student Life
- Universidad Internacional de Valencia, Spain: Daniel R. Soriano i Argente
- Universidad de Palermo, Argentina: Education Lab Team