Redfin Corporation (NASDAQ:RDFN) spotted trading -3.17% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 457.32% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock changed -0.76% to recent value of $53.67. The stock transacted 673861 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 1.36M shares. The company has 98.79M of outstanding shares and 94.06M shares were floated in the market.
On Oct. 8, 2020, Redfin Corporation (NASDAQ:RDFN) The median home sale price increased 15% year over year to $320,625—the highest on record, according to a new report from Redfin the technology-powered real estate brokerage. The largest increase ever recorded in the Case-Shiller national home price index (which goes back through 1988) was 14.5% in September 2005.
Below are other key housing market takeaways for 434 U.S. metro areas during the 4-week period ending October 4.
- In the week ending October 4, home prices were up 16% from the same week a year earlier. Since the four-week period ending July 5, home prices have increased 6.8%. Over that same period in 2018 and 2019, prices declined an average of 4.4%.
- The median asking price of new listings was up 14.0% from a year earlier, an uptick from 12.9% during the four weeks ending September 27.
- Pending home sales climbed 26% year over year, the smallest growth rate since the four-week period ending August 16.
- New listings of homes for sale were up 4% from a year earlier. This is the first time year-over-year growth in new listings have fallen below 5% since the four-week period ending August 16.
- Active listings (the number of homes listed for sale at any point during the period) fell 28% from 2019 to a new all-time low. The rate of year-over-year supply declines has remained consistent at this level for the past few months.
- 2% of homes that went under contract had an accepted offer within the first two weeks on the market. This has also held relatively steady for the last 17 weeks.
- The average sale-to-list price ratio, which measures how close homes are selling to their asking prices, rose to 99.4%—an all-time high and 1.2 percentage points higher than a year earlier.
- For the week ending October 4, the seasonally adjusted Redfin Homebuyer Demand Index was up 34.9% from pre-pandemic levels in January and February.
- Mortgage applications increased 5% week over week during the week ending October 2, another indicator that demand remains strong. For the week ending October 8, 30-year mortgage rates were flat at 2.87%. Rates have been below 3% since late July.
Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained -80.10% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 5.00%. RDFN has a gross margin of 17.30% and an operating margin of -7.00% while its profit margin remained -7.90% for the last 12 months.
According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 4.2 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of 8.10% from the mean of 20 days, 14.64% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed 69.60% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 1.53%, 11.70% for month and YTD performance remained 153.88%.