The Global Construction Sealants Market is projected to garner a valuation of USD 12.32 Billion by 2027, according to the latest assessment by Emergen Research. The construction sealant market is observing high demand attributed to the growing demand in residential buildings. The increasing adoption and implementation of several cladding styles in the construction of residential buildings are further propelling the demand for construction sealants for purposes of air proofing and weatherproofing while allowing for any movement or stress buildings might be exposed to after the completion of construction. Sealants improve the durability of repaired joints and also enhance the overall sustainability of the building without substituting existing construction materials.
The increasing prominence of green construction is also a key element that is boosting market demand. The application of construction sealants increases buildings’ energy-efficiency, decreasing the environmental impact. Green building standards like LEED are crucial to furthering market growth.
Key Highlights From The Report
- In September 2019, Sika inked an agreement to take over Crevo-Hengxin, a company that produces silicone adhesives and sealants for construction and industrial applications.
- Polysulphide sealants are deployed extensively in commercial construction to give resistance in cold and wet conditions because of their impermeability.
- Reactive sealants have superior elasticity, useful in constructions that witness expansion and shrinkage, whereas solvent-based sealants are relatively less elastic, which is why they can undergo premature breakage.
- In flooring, construction sealants lead to a smoother surface that makes it easier to clean. Furthermore, sealants protect the concrete surface against alkali and lime leachate and leave stain marks on it, thus augmenting the visual appeal.
- Europe garnered the second-highest market share in 2019, fuelled by the growth of the region’s construction industry and the greater purchasing power of customers.
- Key participants include BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Mapei SPA, Sika AG, 3M Company, HB Fuller, Wacker Chemie AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Asian Paints Ltd., and Bostik SA, among others.