Musician Adam Perkins’ Cause of Death Has Been Revealed Three Months Later!

The official cause of death for Adam Perkins, a musician and content producer for the now-defunct app Vine, has been revealed.

PEOPLE has confirmed that Adam’s death on April 11 was caused by unintentional intoxication with various drugs, according to the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner.

Adam’s body was found to have ethanol, cocaine, mitragynine, a psychotropic component found in the kratom plant, and flu alprazolam, all recognized tranquilizers, according to an autopsy report from July 7 that PEOPLE was able to get on Wednesday.

In his blood, the medical examiner found “fatal doses of fentanyl,” according to the report. After a seven-second Vine video of him entering a restroom while wearing only his underpants and joyfully greeting the reflection with “Hi, welcome to Chili’s” went viral in 2015, Adam became well-known.

Adam Perkins
Adam Perkins

Before Vine’s demise in 2016, Variety reported that the video had amassed over 25 million spins on the platform. Adam, who graduated from New York University, then pursued a career in music. He released his debut album, Latch Relay, in 2018 under the stage name Plas Teg.

Patrick, his identical brother, revealed his passing on April 13. His death had not been given a cause at the time. On Sunday, April 11, Patrick posted on Instagram that “my brother, Adam Perkins, passed away.” I struggle to express how much this loss means to me in words.

“An important aspect of who I am is that I am a twin. It’s all I’ve ever known. I’m finding it difficult to put into words what it will be like for me to live in this world without him, “The statement made by Patrick reads. “My favorite, Adam, I love you. 1997-forever.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *